Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Maple Greek Yogurt, Almond & Banana Parfait

When I wake up the first thing I usually think about is what I'm going to eat for breakfast (unless I drank too much pinot the night before...but that's besides the point). 
Besides my typical, quick, go-to whole wheat english muffins with natural peanut butter and sliced bananas, if I have more time I love to chow down on a
homemade greek yogurt parfait.
Greek yogurt is strained. Straining removes more water from the yogurt, making it more dense, firm and creamy, and it contains nearly double the amount of protein compared the leading regular yogurts. It has less carbs than regular yogurt, has three times the calcium, and half the sodium. 
It is a nutritional powerhouse.

I started off eating the flavored greek yogurt flavors to get used to the consistency and taste, and now I wont look back. Now, I eat the plain non-fat version of greek yogurt, which is hard to get used to because it is a little bitter in taste, but it has more than half the amount of sugar compared to the flavored varieties. And, I like adding my own toppings into it anyways!




What You'll Need:
3/4 cup of Chobani plain non-fat greek yogurt
10 Cinnamon Almonds or Walnuts
1 1/2 tbs Sugar free Maple syrup
1/2 a banana
Dash of cinnamon


In a bowl empty 3/4 C of greek yogurt. Take almonds, slice in half, garnish on top of yogurt. Slice half of a banana on top, sprinkle with a small amount of cinnamon, and pour your sugar free maple syrup over all ingredients.

Either mix all together or start from the top! However you like it!
I personally like to get a bite of everything in each bite :)


Enjoy You Skinny Mini!
xox











Average Price of Ingredients:
(Buying containers of each)
$13
Price per serving:
$1.75-$2
Nutritional Facts:
Calories - 220
Fat - 6g
Saturated Fat- .5g
Protein: 16g
Carbs: 14g

No comments:

Post a Comment