Thursday, April 26, 2012

Oatmeal Cake Mug

Good Morning SkinnyMinis! 
I love breakfast. Omelets, french toast, cereal, pancakes, waffles...love it all. 
(Too bad a lot of breakfasts can be super high in cals/fats/and sugars)

But, since I was little I have always had a special place in my heart for oatmeal. Cold winter and fall mornings with a big steaming bowl of oatmeal and banana slices. So comforting and delicious. To this day I love my oatmeal, but truthfully and honestly, it can get a little boring after a while. 
So, I decided to mix it up a bit and instead of the typical bowl of hot cereal I made 
oatmeal-cakes-in-a-mug-in-the-microwave!


Genius 

This breakfast was so good (and so good for you!) I actually had it for breakfast and then again for dinner. 
Peanut butter...weakness.

What You'll Need:
1/4 Cup of dry Quaker oats
1 egg (or 2 egg whites/1/4 cup of egg substitute)
Tbs of milk
Half of a mashed banana
Frozen fruit (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
1 Tbs Natural peanut (or any nut) butter
Less sugar jam
And a fork
:)


In a mug empty your dry oats in and mix together with egg and mashed banana. Add the milk and frozen fruit - I used blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries 
(the frozen fruit gives it a natural sweetness). 
Once all mixed together put the mug in the microwave for 45 seconds - a minute and 20 seconds depending on the power of the microwave. Keep checking on it to make sure the oatmeal doesn't flow over the top and overcook.
Once finished, put on a plate and put a Tbs of natural peanut/almond/cashew butter on top and a little of low sugar jam. 

Enjoy you SkinnyMinis!
xox


Cost of Ingredients:
$9.50
Nutritional Information:
Made with egg white
Calories: 280
Fat: 10g
Sugar: 6g
Protein: 7g
Fiber: 7g
Carbs: 32g

No comments:

Post a Comment