Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Summer Inspired Salad

Summer is my favorite season by far. 80 degree weather, flip flops, bathing suits - which reminds me I need to start working out more - tans, and light yummy foods and fruits!
Besides summer deck grilling of chicken, corn, kabobs, I love love love to make this salad. It is fruity, light, and so good. When I get the winter blues I cheat on summer time and whip this salad up so I can pretend i'm not in Rhode Island in January and it's actually beach worthy weather outside.



What You'll Need:
Package of spinach leaves
Container of Strawberries
An apple
Candied nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds)
1/4 Cup Reduced fat feta cheese
An avocado
Package of craisins
Salad dressing you like - I prefer balsamic
(BE CAREFUL about dressings! Some can
have hundreds of calories and are loaded
with fat! Find a dressing that has about 
80 calories per TBS or so, and no more than
5g of fat)

*If you want more protein you can always add grilled chicken on top*


Rinse spinach leaves off and place in paper towel and pat dry. Place spinach leaves in a large bowl and grab the strawberries, apple, and avocado. Slice the strawberries, thinly slice the apple, and dice up the avocado and throw into the spinach bowl. Take about a handful of candied nuts and craisins and put them on top of the salad. Finish by toping with feta cheese.
I never put the dressing on the salad when its in the bowl because it makes the spinach soggy.

Enjoy you Skinny Minis!
xox


Average Price of Ingredients:
$15
Price per serving:
Makes 4 Servings
$3.75
Nutritional Facts:
With light balsamic dressing
Calories - 270
Fat - 12g
Saturated Fat- 6g
Protein: 7g
Carbs: 14g





No comments:

Post a Comment